Just like another device, changing the PIN regularly will save your things from being murdered. Thanks to the company who changes the garage door to feature with keypads that ease the user to change the PIN whenever the remote has been stolen. It saves you very much anyway. So, what we are talking today is a procedure how to change code on Genie garage door opener.
If your garage door is featured with keypad, then you must be very lucky. Follow several steps bellow:
- Use a ladder to reach the unit and place it beneath the garage door’s motor.
- If you have found the learn button (located on the side of the motor) just press the button while holding it down. After that, release the button when you see the light flashes.
- Re-push the motor button again to see the light flashes again. After that, enter the desired code on the keypad of the garage door. You will see the light blinks indicating a new PIN has been accepted.
- Once you have done, press again the learn button, so you will get lights up again. Press your remote button until you see the light blinking that indicates the remote has been programmed. Repeat the procedure to programs all the remote.
How to Change Code on Genie Garage Door Opener Without a Keypad
- If your garage is not supported by a keypad, you can do the following steps:
- Take off the garage door remote control to seethe switches inside it.
- Move the switches to change the remote code, then replace the cover of your remote control.
- After that, switch the door’s motor unit and switch on its motor to ensure the remote control match with the door.
If you have additional stuff, you can remove the above procedures to change code on Genie garage door opener.