As the largest company in manufacturing garage door opener Genie always makes sure that all Genie garage door products get Genie garage door opener warranty. The warranty is limited to protect Genie original customer against any materials and workmanship defects.
Genie garage door opener warranty for PowerMax 1200/1500 is applied for particular periods of time and it is measured from the date of purchasing. Here are some warrants lists of POwerMax 1200/1500.
- Motor/gear box has a lifetime warranty of the product. Meaning that as long as the original purchaser still the legal owner of home in which the product is installed originally.
- Belt has 15-years warranty.
- Chain has 5 years-warranty.
- Core Units parts and components and all other parts and components of Core Unit has five-years of warranty. The core unit is including powerhead, wired wall control, Safe-T-Beam system, J-Arm and rail.
- Accessories warranty is only for one year.
For the original purchaser, the Genie garage door opener warranty cannot be assigned to someone who later is the owner of the home in which the garage door opener is installed nor it is transferable. As warranty gives you particular legal rights you also get rights which are differ in each state. Since this warranty applies to Product installed in residential only, the warranty does not cover the Product installed in commercial or the industrial building applications.
If you need to get service under your Genie warranty, make sure you read the warranty carefully as the warranty is applied only to specific conditions and circumstances. For parts and or repairs warranty, you need to have model number and copy of the original sales receipt and directly call Genie company customer service. The company will send a trained representative from Genie and will help you to diagnose the problem and or ship the necessary parts to fix the garage door opener problem.