Genie Intellicode is an access security system of a Genie garage door opener that programmed the system to change combination of 4.3 billion codes every time the garage door open or close. Genie Intellicode garage door opener as other Genie products never gives you trouble when you need to program it. Simple steps below will lead you to perform how to program a Genie Intellicode garage door opener remote for ACSGT Type 1 easily.
How to program a Genie Intellicode garage door opener does not require special tools, all you need to prepare is your remote control and free access to your motor system. As other remote programming, programming Genie Intellicode ACSGT Type 1 requires you to find learn button. To assure you locate the learn button, get your motor unit and find the learn button on the rear side of the unit by the antenna wire and lens of the light. You will find the indicator LED light as well next to it.
Once you find the learn button, you can start how to program a Genie Intellicode garage door opener with no sweat in just a couple of minutes.
- Press and release learn button. LED indicator light is on as a respond.
- Get your remote and press any desired button on your remote for three times. Wait until the LED indicator light on the system flashing.
- The light indicator will go off after 30 seconds, press the previous button on your remote once again to confirm the programming.
- Your remote control and the system is programmed.
- Try to test the door by pressing the button on your remote and you should see the door starts to move.
As you finish programming the remote, you are able to use it, if you find the other way repeat the instructions once again.