Genie 912 garage door opener remote is designed to work with the opener that has 9 or 12 switches. When it comes to programming, no matter what kind of model you have, you will always find the 912 remote programming is simple and easy.
Here is Genie 912 garage door opener remote programming instruction:
- You need to remove the battery cover from the remote to match the remote set switches to any remote available that has been set to the current opener. If there is no existing remote continue the programming to step 2.
- Next, you need to remove the light bulb cover on the ceiling unit. Remove the two retaining screws using a screwdriver.
- You need to locate the set of switches after removing the light bulb cover. Inside the unit, you will easily find the switches attached to a receiver board on the left of the light bulbs.
- You need to set switches of remote to be similar to those in the ceiling unit. Use a flathead screwdriver to set switches. For 9 switch setting, find 1-9 numbers above the switches and set them. Make the large switch which is located on the right of the numbered switches move to up position and get the 9 switch to be pushed away from the letter CTS using screwdriver. For 12 switch setting, find 1-12 numbers which are located below switches to be matched with the set switches on the ceiling unit.
- Try to test the remote after make sure that there is no moving item, or children or pet near the door. Push the button on the remote control that you have been programmed and your door will surely move if the switches are correctly set. As the door is moving, the Genie 912 garage door opener remote programming is finished.