Genie GITR-3 button remote is a genie garage door opener remote replacement for Genie remote control GIT-1, GIT-2, GIT-3 models that work with 390MHZ frequency. The remote control belongs to Genie Series II Electronics and uses 12-volt battery power. The remote can control up to three doors that manufactured since 1998 up to present.
Programming a Genie garage door opener remote of Genie GITR-3 button model is easy. You need to find the learn code button and radio signal indicator LED located on the power head inside door operator. Follow these instructions to begin the programming:
- Go to power head, press and release the learn code button. As respond, LED indicator of radio signal is blinking twice per second.
- Within 30 seconds after pressing the learn code button, get your remote and press the button for once. LED indicator is flashing and stay lit.
- Again, press the same button on the remote within 30 seconds. LED indicator will off as respond. The programming a Genie garage door opener remote is now done.
- Make a small test, press the button that have been programmed and you will see the door is moving.
- Repeat the instruction for each button on the remote to be learned, but you have to know that you can program only one button on multi-button remote for one door operator. Meanwhile, the other buttons are used to control other door operators.
If you want to erase or remove all the memory of the remote due to stolen or lost remote, you can start it by pressing and holding the learn code button for about 10 seconds or do not release the button until you see the radio signal LED indicator is off. All of the memories of the receiver memory on the power head are now erased and you can reprogrammed the remote by performing above instruction of programming a Genie garage door opener remote.