Before you perform how to program remote for Genie garage door opener Excelerator, you need to consider few things such as:
- You should program the remote control at least 24” from antenna wire.
- If the Safe-T-Beam is malfunctioning, the remote cannot operate the opener to close the door.
- If you find red learn indicator blinks for about 4 times per second, the remote programming is stopped and you need to repeat the programming remote for Genie garage door opener Excelerator.
- You need to program the remote control individually. For multi button remote control, you need to program each button and the 2 or 3 button is for different opener. One button on a remote is used for one opener.
- Up to seven remotes or keypads that can be stored into Receiver at one time.
To begin programming remote for Genie garage door opener Excelerator you need to locate the Learn button and the learn indicator light on power head. The button is near terminal block and next to limit switches. The learn indicator light is under the learn button. Follow below instruction for programming the remote:
At first, press and release learn button on power head. Red learn indicator light is blinking twice per second. Within 30 seconds, you need to get the remote and press the desired button to be learned. Red indicator light stays lit solid. Press the chosen button on the remote once again, the red indicator light is off, meaning the remote signal memory is stored into Receiver.
You need to program any additional remote individually using the instruction above. For erasing all remotes from Receiver memory due to stolen or lost remote, press and hold learn button until the learn indicator light is off or about 10 seconds. Program the remote again to operate the door.
To operate the door using remote control, press the remote button that has been programmed and point it at the door, the door will move. Press the remote button again and the door will stop. Pressing the button again will cause the door reversing.