Genie Master remote is compatible to be used with Intellicode 2 opener, Intellicode 1 opener and Opener with Code switches. How to program a Genie remote garage door opener the Master remote for opener with code switches is relatively simple.
For your convenience of performing how to program a Genie remote garage door opener, Genie Master Remote you need to match any existing and working code switch remote. Match the set switches of the remote to your Genie Master Remote set switches. If you do not have any remote with code switches you can simply proceed to perform the instructions as follows:
- Uncover the opener’s light lens. Find the Code switches of the opener that consists of three positions of switches. They are (+) position, (-) position, and (0) position. Take note of each number set switches on this opener, so you can easily match it with the one on the remote.
- Open the rear cover of the remote by sliding it down.
- You can set the switches on the Genie Master Remote to be similar to the one on the opener. If you have a 9-switches operator the number 10, 11, and 12 switches set to the (0) position or set them to the center.
- Find the non-rolling code button label that is located inside the rear cover on the remote.
- Press the non-rolling code button letter B, C or D that is similar to the suitable code switch description on the label. LED indicator on the remote near the battery is flashing yellow.
- Press and release the chosen remote button you want to learn to the opener. Green LED on the remote is flashing and stops.
- Press and release the chose remote button, the opener is activated. Red LED flashes during the button is pressed. How to program a Genie remote garage door opener is finished.